Chatham Hospital’s Interim Care program provides rehabilitation service care to patients who no longer require acute medical care, but may need additional time and care for strengthening and recuperation before returning home.
The Interim Care Program provides:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies following an injury or surgery to improve functional mobility, self-care independence and safety with daily activities
- Skilled nursing care and treatments including I.V. antibiotic therapy and wound care
Advantages of the Interim Care Program over traditional nursing home options:
- UNC physicians on-site at all times to immediately address medical issues as needed
- Higher nurse to patient ratios-help is available when you need it
- Immediate access to diagnostic services including lab and imaging
- Reduced chance of re-admissions
- Beautiful, private rooms with television, telephone and wireless internet at no additional cost
- Multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, care managers, pharmacists, dietitians and speech/physical/occupational/respiratory therapists collaborate weekly to discuss patient’s progress, individual goals and discharge plan with patient, family and caregivers.
- Patients accepted from any hospital. Ask your case manager for assistance.