UNC Health Care physicians work alongside Chatham Hospital nurse practitioners and physician assistants to provide around-the-clock emergency care. Our 10-bed emergency department includes two trauma rooms equipped with advanced diagnostic and monitoring equipment to deliver excellent care. All rooms are private and designed to maximize patient comfort and privacy. We also provide a large, comfortable waiting area for our emergency department visitors.
The Carolina Air Care team is stationed at Chatham Hospital and standing by to provide transportation to UNC Hospitals when seconds count.
Services and amenities
- 24-hour physician coverage
- 10 private rooms, including two trauma rooms
- Advanced lifesaving diagnostic and monitoring equipment
- Treat all ages with a wide range of medical conditions
- Carolina Air Care's air transport and medical helicopter is stationed at Chatham Hospital and immediately available for air transport to UNC Hospitals
- Shorter wait times than most emergency rooms
- Convenient location with easy access and free parking