Ear, Nose & Throat
Chatham Hospital's ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialists are physicians trained in the medical and surgical management and treatment of diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, and throat and related structures of the head and neck.
We specialize in a wide variety of disorders that can affect the head and neck, including:
- Central auditory processing disorder (CAPD)
- Ear infections
- Hoarseness and voice problems
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux
- Chronic and uncontrolled nose bleeds
- Neck and thyroid masses
- Sleep apnea and snoring
- Sore throats
- Swallowing problems
- Swimmer's ear
- Tonsil and adenoid problems
ENT physicians work with trained audiologists and speech-language pathologists to diagnose and treat:
- Hearing loss and correction
- Ringing in the ears
- Speech and language disorders
- Hearing aids
Minimally-invasive surgery is available, resulting in smaller incisions, faster recovery and less pain.
ENT services are available at UNC Specialty Care at Pittsboro.