The cardiovascular department at Chatham Hospital is led by a board-certified cardiologist. Trained technologists and therapists assist the physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the heart and lung.
Non-invasive cardiac and lung studies available:
- Electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Cardiac stress test including nuclear, adenosine, and dobutamine studies
- Transesophageal echocardiograms (TEE)
- Peripheral vascular ultrasound
- Pulmonary function studies
- Arterial blood gases
- 24-hour Holter monitor placement
- Thirty day event monitor placement
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Chatham Hospital’s cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs are designed for patients wishing to lower their chance of recurrent and future heart or lung problems, as well as improve day-to-day functioning, functional work capacity and overall confidence and well being. Each program combines physical exercise, nutritional counseling, psychological support and education as part of a holistic approach for the treatment of heart and lung disease.
Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation is located at Chatham Medical Park behind Chatham Hospital.