Chatham Hospital is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital located in Siler City, NC that is part of the UNC Health System. With a long history of providing high quality health care to the residents of Chatham and surrounding counties, Chatham Hospital has received multiple five-star ratings for patient experience from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
The hospital, accredited by The Joint Commission, provides surgical, medical, pediatric, maternity and emergency services. Community based outpatient services in the area of Diabetes Education, Laboratory, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Imaging, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Pulmonary Rehabilitation are also offered.
As a critical access hospital, Chatham Hospital is able to utilize beds, to not only meet the needs of acute patient care, but to also provide post-acute care to patients who no longer require acute medical care, but need additional time and care for strengthening and recovery before returning home.
The 10-bed emergency department provides full-service around the clock care to more than 1,200 adults and children each month. UNC Health bases a helicopter for transport on the grounds of Chatham Hospital.
Our mission is to support the health and well-being of those we serve through quality, equitable healthcare and to build partnerships within our diverse community.
Our vision is to be the provider of choice for our community while continuously improving to lead rural healthcare.
One Great Team
- We are better together than we are apart.
- Our effective collaboration is key to providing quality care.
- We are building an inclusive and equitable culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our patients and each other.
- We care holistically about patients and each other.
- It is our privilege to serve the people of North Carolina.
- We demonstrate kindness and compassion in every interaction.
Leading the Way
- We make a difference by improving lives every day and training the next generation of health care leaders.
- Our research is changing the world.
- We provide innovative care.
It Starts with Me
- Each of us takes ownership of, and accountability for, doing the right thing.
- We empower and trust each other to step up.
- We support each other and hold each other accountable in our work.