Chatham Hospital offers the specialized care of Hospitalists for patients admitted to the hospital. Hospitalists are physicians that specialize in the care of patients during their stay in the hospital. Their only responsibility and focus is on admitted patients.
Who are our Hospitalists?
- Faculty physicians from the UNC Department of Family Medicine
- Board certified or eligible in their specialty
- Experienced, personable doctors whose only responsibility is inpatient care
What do our hospitalists do?
- Admit and discharge patients from the hospital
- Direct the care of patients throughout their hospital stay, order appropriate tests and procedures and interpret the results
- Communicate effectively with patients and families to keep everyone well-informed
- Work closely with other specialty physicians and surgeons to coordinate specialty care when needed
- Work to insure the highest standards of patient safety and quality of care
Communication with Primary Care Physicians is a Priority
- Primary care physicians will be notified of patient’s admission to hospital
- Follow up information will be provided to primary care physician upon discharge
- Primary care physicians are welcome to make continuity rounds and see their patients in the hospital